• Size: 79.06 KB
  • Uploaded: 2018-10-15 00:42:39
  • Status: Successfully converted

Some snippets from your converted document:

NSI 3000 LOW LEVEL CARBON MONOXIDE MONITOR Contents Page Your new NSI Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Monitor Carbon Monoxide and how it can affect you and your family Installation of your new low-level CO monitor Operating features Maintaining/Testing your Low-level CO monitor What to do in the event of an alarm Technical Information Limited warranty information Your new National Safety Institute Low-level Carbon Monoxide Monitor We at National Safety Institute are pleased that you have chosen the most advanced low-level carbon monoxide monitor available. This unit features  An advanced electrochemical sensor designed to accurately measure low-levels of carbon monoxide (CO) providing an early warning of toxic CO levels in your home  Detects carbon monoxide continuously  Resistant to false alarms caused by normal household contaminants  Sounds a loud 85 dB alarm to alert you in case of an emergency  Digital readout of CO level in parts per million (ppm)  A continuous circling line on the display when the reading is below 5 ppm  Remembers peak CO level until battery is removed  Test/Reset button clears display to 0 ppm  Icons to identify various status conditions (reset button clears)  Simple to mount, portable, ideal for traveling  5 year limited warranty (batteries excluded) Please read this product manual for your new low-level carbon monoxide monitor carefully. Used properly, this low-level carbon monoxide monitor may not only save a life, but will help protect against chronic low level CO poisoning. 1 Carbon Monoxide and how it can affect you and your family Carbon monoxide kills thousands of people each year and injures many more. Like oxygen, CO enters the body through the lungs during the normal breathing process. It competes with oxygen by replacing it in the red blood cells, thereby reducing the flow of oxygen to the heart, brain and other vital organs. In high concentrations, CO can kill in minutes. Many cases of reported CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING indicate that while victims are aware they are not feeling well, they become disoriented and unable to save themselves by either exiting the building or calling for assistance. Common Sources of CO • Oil and gas furnaces, boilers, water heaters • Wood stoves • Barbecues • Wood or gas fireplaces • Gas & Electric Ovens • Portable generators • Idling automobiles • Gas or kerosene heaters • Gasoline powered tools • Cigarette smoke 2 DO NOT: • Burn charcoal inside your home, camper, tent or cabin, or outside an open window • Install, convert or service fuel-burning appliances without proper knowledge, skill and expertise. • Use a gas range, oven or clothes dryer for heating. • Operate unvented gas burning appliances using kerosene or natural gas in closed rooms. • Operate gasoline-powered engines indoors or in confined areas. • Ignore a safety device when it shuts an appliance off. • Use this Low Level CO Monitor as a substitute for a UL listed CO detector or alarm as your local, state or federal codes may require CO detectors or alarms to be listed under UL 2034. • Use as a portable CO Analyzer to test directly for spillage of CO from fuel-burning appliances or chimneys. EDUCATE YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY ON THE SOURCES AND SYMPTOMS OF CO POISONING AND HOW TO USE YOUR LOW-LEVEL CO MONITOR: • Buy appliances accepted by a recognized testing laboratory • Install appliances according to the manufacturer’s instructions & precautions • Have appliance installations done by professionals • Have your appliances checked regularly by a certified serviceman • Clean chimneys and flues yearly • Make regular visual inspections of all fuel-burning appliances • Do not barbecue indoors, or in an attached garage • Open windows when a fireplace or wood burning stove is in use • Be aware of CO poisoning symptoms • Install an additional UL listed CO alarm or detector to comply with local, state or federal law. Symptoms of CO poisoning The following symptoms may be related to CO poisoning and should be discussed with all members of the household:  Low-level Exposure(less than 35 ppm): of carbon monoxide poisoning can be confused with flu-like symptoms, food poisoning or other illnesses and can have significant long-term health risks if left untreated.  High Level Exposure (more than 35 ppm; less than 70ppm): Severe throbbing headache, drowsiness, confusion, fast heart rate.  Crisis Level Exposure (more than 70ppm): Unconsciousness, convulsions, cardio respiratory failure, death. 9ppm – Maximum allowable CO in living space for 8 hours(ASHRAE) 9ppm - Maximum allowable outdoors 8 hours (EPA) 15-30ppm – First level reported to cause harmful affects(World Health Organization) 30ppm –

Recently converted files (publicly available):